Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

September 24th, 2016

Yesterday, I discovered something really cool on my desk in studio. Apparently one of my professors had been cleaning out her office and found it; she wasn't interested in keeping it, so she brought it into the studio room and a friend suggested that it might be something I would like. It was a nice surprise coming back to class. My grandpa passed away Wednesday, so I needed the smile.


According to my professor, this is not any sort of ancient artifact by any means, but it was actually produced in Egypt on papyrus - probably a touristy souvenir, but there's not really anything wrong with that. A bit of digging around on the web told me that the image is of the goddess Hathor and the pharaoh Seti, who is offering her food. The original image comes from a carving in the Temple of Abydos.

The scroll sort of likes to curl in on itself, so I'm not really sure what the best way to display it is. Right now I have it sitting on my desk, but that may change.

As for tonight, I'm gearing up to go to SIPA's Mabon ritual in about an hour, after which the current plan is to camp out. The weather's supposed to be great, so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment