Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

August 8th, 2016

The World of Faeries Festival was this weekend! I was so excited to go; after a long, difficult summer of family crises, I was really looking forward to some down time out in the open air with magical people and surroundings. The theme this year was Seasons of the Faeries. Participating children got a calendar, and then could go to each of the twelve month fairies (I was February) to play a game and get a birthstone sticker for the corresponding calendar page.


Me as Amethyst, the February fairy.


Destiny, the Season Changer fairy.


Hazelnut as Corra, the November fairy (she also did a lot of the season changing, as Destiny wasn't feeling the best).


The Blue Rose Mermaid.


One of the vendors' daughters with Natsu, the iguana dragon (check out her mother's work here).


Raincloud made it out with her boyfriend - I haven't seen her in forever!


There were some funny little field mice scurrying around the park.


Kaladin, the stilt walker.


The Statue Lady.


Bubbles...!


A vendor, Sara, working on a fantastic watercolor painting (view and purchase her art here).


Fairy Godmother Rose with her right-hand gal.


The river - we had perfect weather. Warm, but with a steady breeze and some cloud cover.


After the fair closed last night, the cast went out to dinner at a local buffet (photo credit to Hazelnut).


And last but not least, a group photo of a bunch of the cast (photo credit to photographer Mike Smith).

I met some cool new people and got to reconnect with a lot of old friends, which made me happy. I also did lots of shopping, so posts on that are upcoming. I'm very glad I got to go, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment