Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

July 11th, 2015

It occurred to me after posting my spell instructions yesterday that I had actually left out a rather important piece of information: what to do with the poppet once your spell has manifested. As such, here's a quick post-script to go along with that.
~~~~~
After your spell comes to fruition, you should generally dispose of the poppet. It is important to do this safely and respectfully.

Materials:

  • Scissors
  • White cloth (optional)
  • Pendulum (optional)
  • Shovel
  • A patch of dirt
First, untie or cut the thread holding the poppet against the picture. As you do so, state that the bond between person and poppet is broken. I liked the rhyme from this site, so I used a similar version:

"By moon and stars
And Goddess above
This link is now severed
With blessings and love."

Then, take apart each individual element of the poppet in the reverse order from how you made it. In my case, I removed the yarn "hair", cut open the side seam and removed the stuffing, and then undid the rest of the seaming and turned the material back wrong-side out. As you disassemble it, place the pieces on the white cloth to make them easier to transport later.

For good measure, I next recited this verse from Silver Ravenwolf's* Solitary Witch:

"The future has come, my desire was granted,
Your work is now finished, no longer enchanted.
Air will disperse and fire combust,
Water joins Spirit, earth turns to dust.
Though you must depart,
Your gifts shall remain
Blessings upon you in Goddess' name."

At this time, because I was feeling a little paranoid, I used my pendulum to check that all traces of residual energy had been dispersed from the materials. This step is unnecessary if you are comfortable with your work.
 
Pick up the cloth and carry it outside, or to wherever your dirt is. Since this was a sort of binding spell, as opposed to a banishing one, I chose to bury it on our property. Dig a small hole, remove the materials from the cloth, and bury them in the hole.

The poppet has been disposed of.

*Yes, I understand that Ravenwolf is a highly problematic source. Most of the complaints against her work are entirely valid. That, however, is a discussion for another post. I like the verbal flow of some of her verses, so I use them. If you are uncomfortable doing so, that is entirely your prerogative. Feel free to substitute that step with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment