Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

February 8th, 2015

Way back at the beginning of last semester (I'm going to guess sometime in September?), I was walking across campus when all of a sudden I was struck by an incredibly powerful impulse to just stop and turn. To my delight, I discovered that the tables being set up outside one of the lab buildings, which I had only vaguely noticed out of the corner of my eye, were covered with crystals. As it turned out, the geology club was hosting a rock sale, and I, being the crystal witch that I am, was drawn over there like a moth to a light. I ended up purchasing a chuck of Orange Calcite, about half the size of my palm, for only $3.

Because I am a lazy person, I set it on my dorm room altar but then never did any actual research into its properties. I finally got around to doing that a week ago, but for the aforementioned reason of "I'm lazy" and also because of an obnoxious pile of homework, I never got around to typing up that research. Here it is now, finally.

Orange Calcite


Physical Characteristics: Calcite comes in numerous colors, including white, red, grey, green, blue, yellow, and orange. Its texture tends to be smooth, with a soapy or greasy feeling when rubbed.


In Nature: The Calcite family is a very common group of minerals, and they are found in igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks. The mineral is the primary constituent of limestone and marble, and can be used to neutralize acids.

Chemical Composition: CaCO3

Mohs Scale Hardness: 3 (low)

Can be Found: Madagascar, Brazil, India, Germany

Healing Properties*: Because of its joyful, sunny energy, Orange Calcite can help to ease symptoms of depression, anxiety, or seasonal affective disorder. Use it also to strengthen brittle hair or nails, as well as to heal ulcers or diseases of the spleen and kidneys. 

Magickal Properties: Orange Calcite stimulates the Sacral Chakra. Its playful energy lifts the spirits and increases appreciation for the sensuous, be it a piece of music, a soft blanket, or a nice back-rub. The stone helps its bearer to remember that pleasure is pleasure - if you deal with insecurity during sex or other forms of physical intimacy, this mineral can help you to feel more comfortable and confident. It could also be useful to LGBTQAIP+ people who are struggling to come to terms with their sexual or romantic orientations. For those seeking creativity, Orange Calcite could give you the stimulating boost you need. Develop your creativity or break out of artist's block with this stone. If you're feeling low on energy, Orange Calcite can help to return your sense of vitality. 

Chakra Association: Second (Sacral) and Third (Solar Plexus) chakras

Element: Fire

Energy: Projective

Planetary Association: Sun

*Magickal healing should never take the place of seeing a doctor and following any recommended prescriptions, actions, or other advice. Magick works best in tandem with physical efforts, anyway, so don't skimp on those check-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment