Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

September 25th, 2016

I just got back from camping out after SIPA's Mabon ritual - it was a very nice evening!


The site for this ritual was over at Devil's Kitchen Lake, on a little peninsula. It was sunny, and very hot - almost 90⁰!


Near the tip of the peninsula was a little shelter with picnic tables, where we eventually set up food for our potluck.


There was also a big stone fire pit, so some of the guys got wood together to build up a ritual fire later in the evening.


This is more of the lake - it was a very pretty view!


Somebody brought bubble wands, so a couple of us stood around for a while blowing bubbles.


I was borrowing the group leader's tent after she kindly agreed to lend it to me, and I ended up pitching it to the side of the trail with a nice view of the water.


There ended up being quite a good amount of food for the potluck, between cakes and mashed potatoes and pasta and fruit. I brought peanuts in the shells, because they're fun to crack open and also make good offerings.


One couple brought this large cow's skull to rest among some of the harvest offerings people brought.


There were also two little dogs, who quickly became good friends!


Starting the fire...


Sunset...


Some toads, who all things considered were pretty good-natured about being handled.


The ritual Circle, outlined with tiki torches and with the fire pit in the center.

The focus of the ritual was balance, recognizing the things which we meant to accomplish this past year and did not, and releasing that energy. It was simple and to the point, which worked well for the intended goal in my opinion. I volunteered to do Quarter calls for West; it was my first time taking on a role like that for a public ritual, so I was a little nervous, but I think it went well.

The stars last night were beautiful - there were so many, and it was such a clear night that there was really good visibility.


And then this image is from this morning, standing on the fishing pier and looking out over the lake.


View from the pier back towards the campsite.

The Samhain ritual will be held at this same spot, so I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment