Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Friday

July 22nd, 2016

I've spent the last week working on a bit of a sewing project. Last summer, I made myself a weighted blanket (which you may or may not remember from this post); I love it, and so does my girlfriend, so I offered to make her one of her own at the next opportunity. Last Friday, I was able to go pick up supplies, and I finished it this morning.


As I did last year, I selected four little crystal chips and added one along with the poly-pellets in each corner. I chose two Quartz, one which I think is Moonstone, and a black one I couldn't identify but which I figured would still pick up on protective, grounding energies by virtue of its color. I cleansed them all, and empowered them to instill the blanket's user with comfort and peace. As that is sort of the point of a weighted blanket anyway, I liked the idea for reinforcing the blanket's purpose.


Here's the finished blanket. Blue is her favorite color, and the fabric has a really fun, soft texture. The grey backing fabric has a much more subtle pattern, but it's also a pile fabric, which makes it soft. It was important to me to be listening to videos that exhibit a positive energy while I worked, because it is my belief that when sewing, knitting, or otherwise making textile crafts, it is possible to weave one's thoughts and energies into the piece itself that can then affect the user.

I'm very happy with how it came out. It also took me a lot less time to make this than my green one from last summer, which was a bonus, and in general it just ended up looking neater now that I have more practice.

With Lughnasadh coming up soon, this is a great time of year for arts and crafts of all kinds, as Lugh is a god of artisans and the season can tend towards that direction. As it is, I always enjoy making gifts, and I especially like to add little bits and pieces of magick to the things I make.

Weighted blankets are wonderful tools for people like myself who find the feeling of gentle pressure to be soothing. Autism, ADHD, and other forms of neurodiversity can affect sensory input, which may make the sensation of pressure more appealing, although I am sure there are also neurotypical people who would enjoy a weighted blanket as well. For anyone interested, these instructions are the ones which I followed, and I liked them a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment