Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Wednesday

July 13th, 2016

I've spent some time the last few days researching the stones I acquired on our June vacation, and I am pleased now to share my research. I'll probably spread posts out over the next few days, but to get things started, let's consider Snowflake Obsidian. For other posts related to this crystal, check out Obsidian and Apache Tears.
~~~~~
Snowflake Obsidian

Physical Characteristics: Obsidian is a naturally-occurring volcanic glass. It is most commonly black, although other colors can also be found.

In Nature: A chemical instability in Obsidian causes the stone to crystallize gradually. It does this unevenly throughout the stone, with these areas becoming radial clusters of grey-white Cristobalite crystals. The Cristobalite resembles snowflakes, especially when tumbled.

Chemical Composition: SiO2 + MgO, Fe3O4

Mohs Scale Hardness:
5 - 5.5 (middle)

Can be Found:
Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Italy, Japan, United States (e.g. Yellowstone), etc.

Healing Properties*:
 In the body, Snowflake Obsidian is most commonly used to manage problems with the skeleton, symptoms of mental illness, and blood circulation.

Magickal Properties: My mother's cousin gifted me my piece of rough Snowflake Obsidian, and she told me when she did that it is a stone of centering, which it is. This makes it a good anchor in chaotic situations. The stone is useful for removing negative energy from a space, and could be beneficial during shadow work or at other times when harmful thoughts and emotions need to be dealt with. Likewise, it is useful when cleansing a space because of its ability to absorb negativity. It helps to foster inner peace in the face of turmoil, and is generally protective in nature. A stone of balance, the black and white of Snowflake Obsidian represents the union of opposites.

Chakra Association: First (Root) chakra

Element: Earth

Energy: Receptive

Planetary Association: Saturn

*Magickal healing should never take the place of seeing a doctor and following any recommended prescriptions, actions, or other advice. Magick works best in tandem with physical efforts, anyway, so don't skimp on those check-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment