Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

March 17th, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day! A lot of my spring break so far has been consumed by homework, and a lot of the rest consumed by cleaning. We're getting new carpet tomorrow, and we've had to take everything off of our shelves and other pieces of furniture, getting them out of the way for the carpet install. Most of our possessions are currently occupying the garage, and my things in particular are stacked up in the computer room, which has laminate wood flooring.

Since we were taking everything out and cleaning anyway, I figured this was a good time to do some heavy-duty space clearing. I started off doing all the physical work - vacuuming thoroughly, dusting everything off, moving furniture that hasn't been moved in 10 years to clean behind it, etc. I finished that up today, and then decided I was going to open the windows, play some music off my Pagan playlist, and use a shaker of mine to break up stagnant or negative energy.

Well, things were going great, my room was cleared, I was jamming with my shaker, and I had just finished driving all that unwanted energy to the front door to banish it outside, when my shaker broke in half and spilled plastic beads all over the floor. Apparently, the effort of space clearing was too much for the cheap glue holding it together. I swept up, finished chasing the stagnant stuff out the door with the broom, and then decided I was going to fix my little instrument.

I replaced the plastic beads with barley (for Athena) and short grain Japanese rice (for Amaterasu), and hot glued it back together. I think it actually sounds better now.


I finished up by using a bell to invoke positive energy, and not leave a void in my room. I'll have to go around after the new carpet is in to really build in some protective enchantments and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment