Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

June 27th, 2015

We went to another park today, this time with my other grandma and my uncle. There was an interesting stone stack in a garden there.


It is called an Inuksuk, and they were built by the Inuit. The following comes from Peter Irniq, a Nunavut artist, describing the Inuksuk's history:


[[Image Description: A tan information board reads, "Inuksuk (Plural: Inuksuit) 'Inuksuit were made by Inuit, thousands of years ago, as messengers for future Inuit travelers. As they are normally in areas of good fishing at rivers and lakes, good places to hunt caribou, or good seal hunting places along the coast, they are voiceless and silent markers for survival of Inuit. I make Inuksuit to tell the world about Inuit culture, language, Inuit spirituality and Inuit Oaujimajatuqangit (traditional knowledge)' ~ Peter Irniq"]]

I have seen them in photographs before, but never in person, so I thought I would share! Here's a close up of the structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment