Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

March 23rd, 2015

While at the zoo on Saturday, I stumbled across this:


It's a slice of Amethyst, shaped to resemble a stylized bear, along with some beads on a cord. I was drawn to it immediately, and when I saw it had been marked down from $50 to $10, I was sold. I love Amethyst, and the pendant reminds me of my grandma, who loves bears. 

The stylization used here is clearly intended to be reminiscent of Native American depictions of the bear. Bears were bringers of medicine, healing, and food, and it seems appropriate to associate them here with Amethyst, given the stone's propensity for healing. That being said, I need to do a lot more research before I try any deeper explanation of the bear's significance - most of the online sources immediately available come across as rather disreputable, and certainly not authored by First Nations people.

No comments:

Post a Comment