Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Tuesday

July 15th, 2014

I got to go with my family and some family friends to a state park this afternoon, which made for a nice change from our usual schedules (not to mention VBS again this morning). We went to a huge forest/bog area alongside one of our rivers. It was cold for July (in the mid 60's) and we could tell a storm was brewing, but the sun was still out and the air was fresh. It was just really great to relax outside for once and see some wildlife (cranes, swans, egrets, butterflies...). Before we started out walk on the trails, I made a little offering to the local energies and asked that we have a safe, refreshing walk. I guess they must have heard, because the rain held off for something like three hours and then started the instant we were all back and buckled into our cars for the trip home!
If you're going to take a walk through a local park or nature preserve, consider making an offering of your own. It could be something as exquisite as a small gemstone or as simple as a crust of bread from your picnic lunch, a splash of water, or a bit of hair. It's a good way to introduce yourself to regional powers, or to strengthen existing relationships. That being said, you needn't spend your entire afternoon trying to establish contact with the intangible, either. There's plenty of magick to be had just in finding raspberry bushes, watching fat squirrels climb up tree trunks, and seeing little three-year-olds stalk a butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment